Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why I am not in Market Research

Today we set about in the data gathering phase of our project - and this involved a custom research study focusing on consumer awareness and consideration for our client, Posta Kenya. Sounds fancy, right? Well, that part ends quickly - when you are standing on a street corner in unbearable heat in a remote African village asking passers-by whether they would like to participate. The initial looks were quite amusing. But actually, I have to give the people credit - as I myself must have looked pretty funny with my clipboard and safari hat.

As usual, the people here were very gracious. They were very forthcoming and willing to talk (and talk and talk). It was really a great way to meet the real people of Kenya - in their environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment