Monday, March 7, 2011

Career Change?

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to leave my day job behind...

The local external relations lead contacted me over the weekend, letting me know that a team from CNBC Africa would be joining the team Monday, to do some filming for a documentary video and segment on the network. The topic (as it always these days) is Africa: the last real growth market. We did some filming of our team, with some of our community contacts and of course for the actual CSC work. We had previously set up a meeting with a local PCK branch, so took the opportunity to have the crew join us and see in person what exactly we were doing out here in the middle of Kenya.

The filming went well - we spoke to everyone, from employees and customers to people on the street. My colleague Eva and I had a chance to provide some project context to the camera as well. It felt good to be in 'production' mode again - as much as this consulting work is engaging and challenging, I don't think I'll be changing my career anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment